Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sharp Change of Direction

I'm making some profound changes to my book project idea.

While doing some more searching for digital facsimiles on the web, I ran across one of the many Anglo-Saxon chronicles. It's known by several names, the Parker Chronicle, the Winchester Chronicle, or Manuscript 173, and I found it here at Parker Library on the Web.
Image of f 11 R:


I've decided to attempt a few quires, or loose booklets, based on this manuscript for a "History" theme arts and science comp that's coming up in December. I'm only planning on quires right now as I'm still working on learning the book binding arts, and making the quires is one of the first steps in making the book.  I also don't know if I have the time to do all the calligraphy.  I think I've nearly pulled together all the information I want to include right now, so it's time to work on my calligraphy and layout.

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment