Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Leather Penner - More work

With rampaging tornadoes around the OKC area yesterday evening, I sat in the living room with the TV tuned to the local weather and worked on the leather penner.  I got the designs carved into it and everything stitched together.  For the designs I decided to go with a plant and tree from Bodleian Library MS. Junius 11 p 13.  I combined elements from both trees and made the dog look more like a wolf.

I also tested fitted everything this morning after the leather was dry.  I might need to make a longer cord, but that's it.  So, now I just need to dye the leather and maybe add some paint for details and I'll be able to call it done.  It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot from making the penner.

I'm planning on getting some pictures of it soon.

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment