Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's day Gift 2012

I started my Mom's gift for Mother's day a while back and have been keeping a photo record of it's progress.  Mom talked about liking a quote but not the calligraphy from an art piece in a catalog.  So I decided to try and come up with a better bit of calligraphy and some illumination to fit the quote.

 The quote is "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

After a lot of research, I ran across some white work "rain" that would fit with the style I was looking at doing the project in.

I showed my Mom the project after just starting it, so she knows about the gift and that it'll be late.

Completed Design

Lead-tin stylus on white Pergamenata

Calligraphy done, out lining using a walnut ink.
I didn't have the quote in front of me when I sat down to do the calligraphy.  I messed up the quote a little bit by replacing the word storm for word rain. 

Out lining done.

Laying down paint in layers.

Adding details by using more layers of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment