Monday, July 26, 2010

Queen's Rapier of Ansteorra

My source image for this project can be found here.

I've picked out which letter forms I like from the manuscript page.  A few of the letters have several different forms and I'll see about trying to work that into my calligraphy.

First image is the inked illumination page sitting next two my first full calligraphy layout.  I tried two different size nibs to see which I think would look better.  I like the 1.5 mm over the 1 mm for this project.  The 1.5 mm is the first nib I used.  I also need to work on some spacing to use the middle ribbon.  I have left two lines for names because they are shorter lines, about 2.75 inches long.


Next is a close up of the illumination.  The L cap is still in pencil, but I've inked the rest of it.  I'm gonna play with the placement of the L a bit.

A closer look at the calligraphy.


Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment