Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Design Sketchers for a few more charters

ile I'm still working on my calligraphy for the Queen's Rapier, I had some time to sketch up a few more ideas for other charters.

I'm using the Yates Thompson 13 for a source.  It's a Book of Hours and is also known as 'The Taymoth Hours'.  It's from the 2nd quarter of the 14th Century and uses a Gothic hand for it's text.
My source of the manuscript can be found here.

Both of the following pictures are of the pencil sketch of the layout.

The first is for the Sable Falcon, a nonarmigerous award that's 8.5 x 11 in. Because of the award's status, it's smaller size usually dictates simpler illumination, so I trimmed off part of the right side and top border.


The Second is for the Arc D'Or, an award that carries a Grant of Arms and is 11 x 14 in.  I haven't erased my do not cross lines around the "pages" yet.



Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment